Pages

Saturday

(no subject)

I guess there is one specific way of keeping oneself young-hearted – you have to agree on bearing lack of comfort as long as it’s possible. sounds silly? maybe, but I really somehow believe it. when travelling long hours seems a problem or getting squeezed in a crowd on a concert or sleeping on friends’ couches, then probably you’ve crossed a magic boarder and all of a sudden became older than 23 y.o. when nothing was an obstacle in doing what you’d planned.
„time can change me, but I can’t change time” david bowie sang. true, but I like thinking that I can  in a degree control how time changes me. and don’t allow it to give me presents I never wanted to get. of course, there are compromises – you can accept a job that was never meant to you, appreciate time you spent there and feel relief when you’re finally ready to say „enough”. but it’s so easy to get decived, so easy never to say „enough”. so easy to get spoiled by regular money, comfortable appartments and social position. it’s so easy to call comfort „an adult life” and even though these two doesn't have to have anything to do with one another. 
I guess there is one specific way of keeping oneself young-hearted – you have to take a clear look on yourself from time to time. and don’t get deceived by your ambitions, aspirations, games you play, quick judgements, by the social sistem you live in. and try to be happy somewhere deeper, somewhere beyond it.
cheers!
-oh

.

No comments: